Enable the Add a Note Comment box in Shopify
- Log into your Shopify account
- Hit the green Customize button
- Edit the Cart page by selecting it from the drop-down menu at the top-center of the editor
- On the left side, select Subtotal and that will bring up options on the right side of the screen
- Toggle the Enable cart note option.
Customize the instructions that appear before the comment box
- While still in the theme editor you can find the 3 dots on the left side of the screen and select Edit Code
- Search the files for en.default.json file
- Hit CMD+F to bring up the text finder
- Search for note and find the section that reads “cart”
- You can change the message that is quotes that appears after “note”: “….”
- And that is it!
The original solution was found here: https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/add-a-quot-note-to-seller-quot-in-checkout-for-dawn-theme-2-0/m-p/1484414#M391578